Equity bank is one of the largest banks in Kenya. The bank was founded in the year 1984 as Equity Building Society where they were offering mortgage financing to a majority of their customers who were mostly low-income earners. They have very far from these humble beginnings to the banking giants they are now. With a large number of customers who don’t necessarily have time to go to the bank or the ATM, they have heavily invested in tech to make it easier for their customers to access their services easily with their Equity online banking platform.
With Equity’s online banking platform you can do a lot with just your phone without even having to visit the bank or the ATM. Here are some of the services they provide;
– Send and Receive money
– Check your bank balances
and so much more.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR EQUITY ONLINE BANKING SERVICES
All you need is a stable connection to the internet so you don’t really need to visit a physical bank.
If this is your first time and you dont have an account with Equity bank please follow the steps below to register for an account;
– Go to your browser and search for https://online.equitybankgroup.com
Click on the “login” icon. You should see a brownish button marked ‘new user’ at the bottom of the portal site. Tap on it and register
– Enter your details as requested. Make sure you fill all the fields marked (*). Ensure that all the sensitive data you key in is correct i.e Contact, Email account, and your National Identification Number.
– Enter your chosen password. Be sure to make a strong password. Then confirm the password and press the ‘Next’ button.
– Click on “REGISTER”
Clicking this button gives you instant access to the Equity online account. Provide the one-time password sent to you via phone.
Check for a code sent to your phone to complete the registration and type it in the given text box.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR ONLINE BANKING IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT
If you already have an account with Equity bank and want to register for Equity Bank Online Banking account and here is what to do:
1. log in to your account
Go to the Self Service Portal, and then click on the login page to enter your credentials.
2. Enter your account number
Because you already have an existing account, you just have to enter your account number and press the “Start” button.
3. Enter the One-Time Password
A one-time password will be sent when you open the account to the phone number you used to register.
Enter the password in the given text box and press “Confirm.”
You will receive a confirmation message on your mobile phone indicating that you have connected your account now.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTER FOR EQUITY BANK ONLINE BANKING?
These include the following;
– Be connected to a safe network
– Have a smartphone or computer or a laptop with internet access
– You must have an active phone number
– Have an active email account
– Ensure you have your national ID
– If you already have an account with Equity, the only requirement is for you to remember details as per your account information
HOW TO ACTIVATE EQUITY BANK ACCOUNT IN KENYA
Follow these simple guidelines to activate your dormant Equity Bank account in Kenya:
– Visit a nearby Equity Bank branch in Kenya.
– Provide your national identification card.
– Add your Equity Bank account number.
– Ask the Equity Bank help desk at the banking hall to activate your account for you.
– The customer care personnel will give you a form to fill.
– Provide all the information that is required.
– If you are facing any challenges, ask the Equity bank help desk to assist you.
– Submit the form.
– When all the information provided is confirmed by the staff, they will activate your Equity bank account for you.
They will ask you to pay an activation fee of about Ksh 220.
When you make the payment, they will complete the account activation.