You can now use your Safaricom Bonga points to invest in stocks in the Nairobi Securities Exchange(NSE) thanks to a partnership between the two organizations.
This service is available to all Safaricom customers. They can redeem their bonga points with the 10 already 10 Trading Participants namely;
1. Old Mutual Securities
2. Kingdom Securities
3. NCBA Capital
4. Faida Investment Bank
6. ABC Capital
7. Suntra investments
8. Francis Drummond & Company
9. Dyer and Blair investments
10. Sterling Capital LTD
How to buy shares with Bonga Points:
1. Dial *126# (Or use mySafaricom App, under Balances, Lipa na Bonga)
2. Go to Lipa Na Bonga Sub-menu on USSD Code
3. Select PayBill Option
4. Key in the Trading Participant’s PayBill Number
5. Then enter your CDSC (Central Depository and Settlement Corporation) account number
6. Then enter the amount in KES they want to deposit to their account number.
Customers will redeem their points at a rate of KES 1 for every 5 points. So for example KES 1000 will require 5,000 Bonga Points.