During the just-concluded Tokyo 2020 Olympics, Showmax pro came in very handy.
The video streaming platform, which happens to host a ton of movies too, previously had seen customers enjoy live matches and news from leading media houses in the country but at an extra fee from what normal Showmax costs.
Showmax Pro has now announced that it will stream every single match of the EPL, La Liga, and Serie A in more than 50 countries in Africa. A development that is attributed to its partnership with SuperSport.
European Premier League is set to begin on Friday 13th, 2021 with the First game being between Arsenal and the freshly-Promoted Brentford FC.
The season is expected to be very exciting, considering that most of the previous months, matches have been largely played without fans and indoors, which affected the dynamics of the game largely.
Some of key highlights of this season will be;
– The Premier League is now in its 30th year
– The transfer of season had fans very excited with much of the focus being on Tottenham striker Harry Kanes future
– Manchester City are the defending champions having won their fifth EPL title during the previous season
– Manchester United will also face a lot of pressure. With manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer handed a new contract, he’ll be expected to do better than last season when their initial ambition gave way to City’s late-season heroics.
– The addition of four new managers will also add flair and a sense of anticipation to the league, not least the appointment of Rafael Benitez at Everton. Spurs and Wolves also have new managers, but the most intriguing of all is Senegal-born Patrick Vieira at Crystal Palace. A World Cup winner for France in his day, the former midfielder will need to prove his management skills in double-quick time in an environment as unforgiving as the Premier League.
– This will be the third season to use the video assistant referee (VAR) review system, and it will be the second season to have a February winter break. If VAR has lost its novelty effect, how might the return of crowds impact the league?
The season will end on May 22, 2022, with all 20 teams playing on the same day, bringing the curtain down on a mammoth 380 fixtures.
Other European football action on Showmax includes La Liga, with action in the Spanish League beginning on 13 August with an opener between Valencia and Getafe. Atlético Madrid is defending champions, having won their 11th title last season.
In Italy, the Serie A campaign opens on August 21 with four matches: Hellas Verona vs Sassuolo, Inter vs Genoa, Empoli vs Lazio, and Torino vs Atalanta.
ShowMax Pro Cost Ksh 2100
Mobile-only for Ksh 1050